What You Need
4 firm, tart apples (we used Jonathon; honey crisp or even Granny Smith could work as well)
A bit of lemon juice
4 ounces Manchego cheese
8 chives (enough for 4 tablespoons chopped)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pinches kosher salt
What To Do
Cut the apples into matchsticks (I would use a mandolin). Toss with a bit of lemon juice. Cut the cheese into matchsticks (I would use a mandolin). Thinly slice the chives.
Toss all ingredients with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 pinches kosher salt. Serve immediately.
Hi! My name is Kathy Barksdale and I made a made and shared a healthy dish. It was tomato and avocado salad. So easy:
Cut the onion, avocado, tomato, cilantro in a bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over it. Pour small amount of olive oil over it. Stir. Salt and pepper to taste. I didn’t measure anything. I just mixed it together. There were about 8 of us, so I did about 4 avocado. So good! Enjoy!
Ok so here is the not so recipe, recipe:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Bell peppers 4-6
- 1/2 cup cheese (whatever you like)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups salsa (Chipotle Salsa Trader Joe’s)
- Trader Joe’s Taco seasoning or other
- 1 -2 cups quinoa (cooked)
- 2 small shallots (or onion)
I only made 3 peppers and I chose red, green and yellow. I have never made this recipe before. It was inspired by another recipe I saw so I just put my own spin on it. I cooked the quinoa in chicken stock instead of water … it taste better that way. I did not blanch the peppers 1st but after reading more recipes, that is what I recommend. Blanch in hot water for 3 minutes. It will help the peppers to cook faster in the oven. Cut off the tops and take out the inside. Leave the top for garnishment.
- Cook ground turkey and season with taco seasoning and a little salt
- Add chopped shallots, Stir
- Add beans (canned are ok), Stir
- Add salsa, Stir
- Add quinoa, Stir
- Add cheese and save a little to sprinkle on top
- Spray peppers with coconut oil spray or other spray or EVOO
- Add filling and sprinkle cheese
- Cook in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until peppers are tender
- Serve with remaining filling
Here is the bootleg recipe!
- Yellow, Green, Red Peppers or your choice
- Half zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Garlic hummus
Sauté zucchini, onions and peppers in EVOO until desired tenderness. Warm tortilla in skillet with no oil and spread 1-2 TB of garlic hummus on it. Top the tortilla with the veggie mix, heated beans, and salsa on top.
That’s it! Make it your own by adding cheese, black beans or other veggies. I always season my veggies and beans. We don’t like bland food remember!
This meal is packed with fiber and protein and will keep you full for hours!