Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 large onion, chopped
6 cups vegetable stock
1 medium butternut squash peeled and seeded. Lawd this part was work!
Cut into 1 inch pieces
Vegan Chickenless Seasoning Salt ( Trader Joe’s). Figure out how much.
Black pepper. The ancestors will tell you how much.
- Heat EVOO in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the squash, Vegan Chickenless Seasoning Salt and black pepper to the pot and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, 22 – 25 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, make you an adult beverage and heat oven to 375°F. Toss the reserved seeds with some EVOO, some of the Trader Joe’s Chickenless Seasoning and some salt and black pepper and roast until golden brown and crispy, 10 minutes.
- Using a blender, working in batches purée the soup. Sprinkle with the toasted seeds, cilantro and swirl in the coconut milk.
- Be creative. Add additional flavors if desired.